Facilities Use Form
“The Anglo-American School seeks to be a center of activities for its students and families. In addition, AAS recognizes that its facilities can also be considered to be a resource for the wider community. To achieve these goals the Administration will permit organized use of school facilities when such use either enhances the AAS educational program or does not conflict with the normal operation of the school, and is consistent with AAS policies and philosophy.”
Use of the AAS facilities should not obstruct the regular school programs, and after school activities organized by the school. School classes and functions will always take priority over other events; however, there are certainly times that the school facilities are available for use. SZ Bookable dates & times are Saturday & Sunday between 09:00-14:00, and Wednesday 19:00-22:00. Sat/Sun afternoons and Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday are BLOCKED for conflict free SZ member usage.
All requests for use will be prioritized by the Administration according to the following category:
A. School Curricular Activity - CAS, Core and extra-curricular activities, which occur outside of the school day (after 18:00) and on weekends
B. School Community – school-related groups and organizations, directly benefiting students, staff, and parents
C. Wider community – non-school organizations, associations, or individuals (as appropriate). Reviewed on a case-by-case basis
When you want to apply for use of the AAS facilities please fill out the application form below at least four weeks before the date on which you want to schedule your event. You can only specify dates and times within 8 weeks of the first date or the end of the current school term (whichever is earlier). After the school has received this form a decision will be made regarding use of the facilities and applicable fees (see below). This decision is based on the information you provide, the School’s schedule and condition of existing facilities such as the sports fields, and other management issues. Once approval is given you will be requested to provide more detailed information about the scheduled event and sign a contract of agreement.
Below you will find the facilities available and the costs associated with the use of these facilities:
|Price Per Chargeable Hour|
|Category A||Category B||Category C|
|SF||North Soccer Field||Free||
|SF||South Soccer Field (Left)||Free||$50/hour
|SF||South Soccer Field (Right)||Free||$50/hour
|NG||North Gym||Free||$50 / hour||$200 / hour|
|SR||Skating rink/ Tennis Courts||Free||$50 / hour||$200 / hour|
|CR||Classroom||Free||$20 / hour||$50 /hour|
|SC||South Cafeteria||Free||$50 / hour||$200 / hour|
|FDR||Faculty Dining Room||Free||$25 / hour||$100 / hour|
Note: Chargeable Hours include scheduled hours, plus an hour after the event for cleanup. Scheduled hours are not just the event time, but also all hours that you want the participants of your activities to have access to the facilities.
|Service||Price Per Hour|
|Cleaner||$20 / hour|
|Security Guard||$20 / hour|
|Maintenance Worker / Green Guy||$20 / hour|
|Facility Supervisor||$20 / hour|
Medical staff - If your events require medical staff, the AAS HR department has a list of possible nurses/ medical that you may be able to contract independently. AAS does not provide medical staff.
Charges for the services are to be paid prior to the event based on estimate of the hours requested. A final billing for the event will be payable within 7 days from the start date of the activity. No refunds for unused hours will be given. Additional services such as an audio or other technical support may require additional charges.
The process time for requesting the use of an AAS facility is 5-10 business days.
The procedure is as follows:
- Penguin Life staff creates the agreement, verifies dates on the calendar, tentatively reserves the facilities and checks the availability of the Facility Supervisor (if needed).
- The Facilities Use by Outside Groups contract is presented to the Administration of AAS for final changes (if any), approval and signature.
- Penguin Life staff will send the organization the signed Facilities Use by Outside Groups contract via email.
- The group organizer will take the Facilities Use by Outside Groups to the AAS cashier to pay in advance.
- The cashier will stamp PAID on the Facilities Use by Outside Groups contract.
- The group organizer will deliver the paid Facilities Use by Outside Groups contract to the Penguin Life office.
- The Penguin Life office will enter all confirmed dates and times in to the school calendar, reserve the facilities and send the Facilities Supervisor and Security a copy of the confirmed Facilities Use by Outside Groups contract.
Penguin Life staff will not be able to:
- Assist with the registration process (This will have to be arranged by the Facilities Use by Outside Groups organization)
- Provide balls or other equipment
- Store any equipment in the PE storage or classrooms
- A week before the season starts, you may notice you do not require as many hours due to your participation number.
- At that time we can reduce your rental hours. However, after this amendment, any decrease/unused hours will not be reimbursed.
- AAS reserves the right to close the facility when needed
Check the Facility Use Calendar below prior to filling out the application form.
Proceed to the Facilities Request Form below.