Open Hours: Mon – Fri: 07:30 – 17:00
Open 10:00 – 13:00 on the following Saturdays:
Nov. 2, Nov.23, Jan. 18, Feb. 1, Mar. 14, Apr.18, May 30, Jun. 13
Next week, we will host our Breakfast and Browse! That’s a Thursday and Friday morning where we put all the newest books out with some snacks to encourage your new book for break!
We’ve done a bit of a fall clean out of the library, and there are a stash of things available for you to take home. We have many DVDs that are looking for a new home that will be in the library until the end of the week.
As of October, 1, 2019, all patrons with books overdue from summer will be unable to check anything out. Please make every effort to clear up your business by stopping up at the library.
Sign up for the NY Times here while on campus.
Check out these databases that may be useful to your children.
Upcoming Library Events:
October 17 and 18 Mornings (Thurs and Fri): Breakfast and Browse (A pre-break event to enjoy new books over coffee, all readers welcome)
October 31/November 1 (Thurs and Fri): Make sure you check out the Halloween Displays and Bulletin Board!
November 2 (Saturday): Library Open
November 23 (Saturday): Library Open + Quiz Night
December 9-13 (Mon-Thurs): Visiting Artist Laurie Halse Anderson for Grades 5 and up.
December 18 and 19 (Weds and Thurs): Breakfast and Browse (A pre-break event to enjoy new books over coffee, all readers welcome)
Check the Lost & Found under the main stairs!
- All unclaimed items from the lost & found under the main stairs will be donated to charity on October 19.
PTO Enhancement Grants
- The 2019-20 Enhancement Grants Program is now open. We will be accepting proposals until October 18, 2019.
- Example Proposal Grant Application Form
- Any community member (student, teacher, parent, or staff) is invited to submit ideas for projects that will enhance the learning experience at AAS.
- Enhancement Grants can fund innovations or existing programs, purchase equipment for classrooms or activities, or sponsor visits by expert guests who bring a new dimension to learning. Learn more at www.aas.ru/about-us/pto.
Apply to Work at AAS Moscow!
- We are hiring for a number of positions! If you know of a good fit, please ask them to apply online.
- Open positions include Video Storyteller | Science Lab Assistant | Driver | LifeGuard | Click Here for all.
AAS ECO-GREEN COMMITTEE
- Halloween costume swap at the Exchange!
- Bring your gently used Halloween costumes to the Exchange NOW!
- Use Halloween costume swap tickets received or use cash to purchase costumes from October 7.
- We recycle glass now! Look for the specially marked recycle bins in the cafeteria.
- Do you have an example of #CareAAS in relation to the environment? Let us know what actions your family committed to in order to reduce your impact on the environment.
Non-AAS Leagues and Clubs
New!Moscow Youth Basketball League
- The start of the Moscow Youth Basketball (MYBL) Season is just around the corner.
- The League includes divisions for players K-Gr.12 and welcomes girls and boys of all experience and skill levels. The sessions are held at AAS Moscow and mainly scheduled for Saturdays with some Sunday's due to gym availability.
- Fees for this season are, 6000 rubles for grades K and 1st and 10,000 rubles for grades 2 and up, same as the prior year.
- Be on the lookout for the Registration Form which we expect to distribute in the coming days.
- Any queries can be directed to Joe Borer "Moscowyouthbasketball@gmail.com
New!Pumpkin Sale from the Girl Scouts
- AAS Girl Scouts will be selling pumpkins in the Hall of Flags on Oct 14-18.
- Click Here for details, and be sure to buy all your pumpkins from our Girl Scouts!
- Our next meeting is this Saturday, 12 Oct 2019, right after the Craft Fair in the Community Room 3004
- Sign up your child K-5th grade and don’t miss out on the next fun adventure.
- Our Girls group is growing. Girls in grades 2-4 are encouraged to come and see what the scouts have to offer.
- For more information, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org