Mission, Vision, and Core Values
Connecting Students, Connecting Continents, Connecting Cultures
AASSP empowers each student to:
- Respect self and others
- Love learning, and
- Contribute as a globally aware citizen
in order to achieve individual academic and holistic excellence.
We inspire student learning:
- Through a dynamic and caring environment
- With innovative and effective instructional strategies
- In collaborative relationships, and
- By using current, relevant technologies, and the rich resources of our diverse community.
AASSP Core Values
Core values are the essential and enduring tenets of AASSP – the small set of guiding principles that have a profound impact on how everyone at AASSP thinks and acts. They are the soul of AASSP – the values that guide all actions.
AASSP believes equally in the value of:
- Making decisions based on the students’ best interests.
- Developing the whole child.
- Supporting student success through community partnerships.
- Delivering a challenging and inquiry-based curriculum in an engaging manner.
- Reviewing curriculum via a reflective and dynamic process.
- Respecting self and others.
- Providing an emotionally and physically safe environment where people want to come each day.
- Providing students with an international perspective in order to prepare them for future challenges and contributions.