Penguin Clubs are enrichment and recreational after-school activities. The program is well balanced with an emphasis on the combination of education and recreation. Clubs fall into three categories: Arts & Crafts, Physical Movement, and Enrichment.
- Students in Arts & Crafts clubs create or decorate objects.
- Physical Movement clubs encourage students to get moving through sports, aquatic programs, dance and active games.
- Enrichment clubs introduce students to life skills and academics related activities.
- No clubs during first half of the year.
- One water-game activity per week (Splash), beginning Term 3
- One water-game activity per week (Splash) in Terms 1, 2 & Winter Term.
- Up to three clubs per week in Terms 3 & 4
- Up to three clubs per week in Terms 1, 2, 3 & 4.
- One club per week in Winter Term.
Guidelines for Participating in Penguin Clubs
- The student should attend all days of the activity unless s/he is sick.
- If a student misses a session without permission of the instructor, s/he may be removed from the club.
- The student should arrive to each club session on time. Kindergarten and grade one students will be taken from their classroom to the south cafeteria to meet their club instructor.
- Aquatics clubs participants: parents are responsible to arrange transport to and from the pool and to help with their swimmers getting changed.
- A parent/guardian must collect the student promptly at the end of the club period.
- Groups meet from 15:30 to 16:30 on their designated day(s).
To cancel participation in the club please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Penguin Clubs Dates to Remember 2019-20
Start / End Dates
September 9 - October 17, 2019
|August 28 - September 3, 2019||September 4, 2019|
November 4 - December 12, 2019
|October 16 - October 29, 2019||October 30, 2019|
January 20 - February 13, 2020
|December 11 - January 14, 2020||January 15, 2020|
February 24 - April 2, 2020
|February 5 - February 11, 2020||February 12, 2020|
April 20 - May 28, 2020
|April 1 - April 14, 2020||April 15, 2020|
Aquatic clubs such as Swim Club, Deep End Water Games, and Splash are offered to students as part of elementary Penguin Clubs after school program serving students in grades Pre-K through grade five. For specific days, times, and relevant participants ages, please check the elementary Penguin Clubs schedule during the sign-up periods.