Penguin Clubs are enrichment and recreational after-school activities. The program is well balanced with an emphasis on the combination of education and recreation. Clubs fall into three categories: Arts & Crafts, Physical Movement, and Enrichment.
- Students in Arts & Crafts clubs create or decorate objects.
- Physical Movement clubs encourage students to get moving through sports, aquatic programs, dance and active games.
- Enrichment clubs introduce students to life skills and academics related activities.
- No clubs during first half of the year.
- One water-game activity per week (Splash), beginning Term 3
- One water-game activity per week (Splash) in Terms 1, 2 & Winter Term.
- Up to three clubs per week in Terms 3 & 4
- Up to three clubs per week in Terms 1, 2, 3 & 4.
- One club per week in Winter Term.
CLICK HERE to review the Winter Term Penguin Club participants*.
*Password protected file (password sent in the Penguin Life section of the January 15, 2020 newsletter)
Penguin Clubs Dates to Remember 2019-20
Start / End Dates
September 9 - October 17, 2019
|August 28 - September 3, 2019||September 4, 2019|
November 4 - December 12, 2019
|October 16 - October 29, 2019||October 30, 2019|
January 20 - February 13, 2020
|December 11 - January 14, 2020||January 15, 2020|
February 24 - April 2, 2020
|February 5 - February 11, 2020||February 12, 2020|
April 20 - May 28, 2020
|April 1 - April 14, 2020||April 15, 2020|
Aquatic clubs such as ES Swim Club, Deep End Water Games, and Splash are offered to students as part of the Elementary Penguin Clubs after school program serving students in grades Pre-K through Grade 5. For specific days, times, and relevant participants ages, please check the Elementary Penguin Clubs schedule during the sign-up periods.