Penguin Clubs are enrichment and recreational after-school activities. The program is well balanced with an emphasis on the combination of education and recreation. Clubs fall into three categories: Arts & Crafts, Physical Movement, and Enrichment.
- Students in Arts & Crafts clubs create or decorate objects.
- Physical Movement clubs encourage students to get moving through sports, aquatic programs, dance and active games.
- Enrichment clubs introduce students to life skills and academics related activities.
- No clubs during first half of the year.
- One water-game activity per week (Splash), beginning Term 3
- One water-game activity per week (Splash) in Terms 1, 2 & Winter Term.
- Up to three clubs per week in Terms 3 & 4
- Up to three clubs per week in Terms 1, 2, 3 & 4.
- One club per week in Winter Term.
Guidelines for Participating in Penguin Clubs
- The student should attend all days of the activity unless s/he is sick.
- If a student misses a session without permission of the instructor, s/he may be removed from the club.
- The student should arrive to each club session on time. Kindergarten and grade one students will be taken from their classroom to the south cafeteria to meet their club instructor.
- Aquatics clubs participants: parents are responsible to arrange transport to and from the pool and to help with their swimmers getting changed.
- A parent/guardian must collect the student promptly at the end of the club period.
- Groups meet from 15:30 to 16:30 on their designated day(s).
To cancel participation in the club please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Penguin Clubs Dates to Remember 2019-20
Start / End Dates
September 9 - October 17, 2019
|August 28 - September 3, 2019||September 4, 2019|
November 4 - December 12, 2019
|October 16 - October 29, 2019||October 30, 2019|
January 20 - February 13, 2020
|December 11 - January 14, 2020||January 15, 2020|
February 24 - April 2, 2020
|February 5 - February 11, 2020||February 12, 2020|
April 20 - May 28, 2020
|April 1 - April 14, 2020||April 15, 2020|
Aquatic clubs such as ES Swim Club, Deep End Water Games, and Splash are offered to students as part of the Elementary Penguin Clubs after school program serving students in grades Pre-K through Grade 5. For specific days, times, and relevant participants ages, please check the Elementary Penguin Clubs schedule during the sign-up periods.