Elementary Swim Club
The Elementary Swim Club is an activity designed to improve stroke technique, aerobic fitness, and to have fun in the water. What follows is a list of frequently asked questions and answers regarding the Elementary Swim Club.
- I tried signing up for the ES Swim Club, but the system says that it is already full. What can I do?
- My child has been on swim team before. S/he is an excellent swimmer and I was too late for sign-ups. Can’t you allow just one more?
- What if someone does not meet the requirement for the swim club and they are dropped. Does this not free up a space for another person to join swim club?
- I don’t know if my child is ready for the swim club. How can I find out?
- If my child is in the swim club in term 1, are they automatically enrolled for terms 3 and 4.
- How does my child get to and from the pool?
- How many times per week can my child swim?
- My child was registered in the ES Swim Club last year, do they need to be evaluated again?
Unfortunately, this is a very popular club; demand is high and space is limited. We have over 200 students who are keen to be in the pool, and we do our best to make this work with six lanes. Like all Elementary After School Activities, enrollment is on a first come – first serve basis. We do our best to ensure a quality program that is safe for everyone.
No. Registration must occur during the registration window, and this club tends to fill up very quickly. Our elementary programs are not competitive, so it is suggested to try a different club if you are unable to register for the swim club. This is consistent with the holistic aspect of our School wide Mission and Vision.
In order to be on the ES Swim Club, students must be able to swim 50 meters of freestyle with side-breathing, 50 meters of confident backstroke, Swim without needing to take a break, No stops during 25m, Strong technique (high elbow, no doggy-paddling). 50m of legal backstroke and be able to complete a 1000 meter workout in 45 minutes. Parents must –preregister their child for an Evaluation. Check the newsletter, your classroom teacher or use the link here to schedule an appointment. If a student does not attend the Evaluation, they cannot register for the ES Swim Club!
Yes, all children that want to participate in the ES Swim club must be evaluated. No exceptions will be granted. Once students are approved to join the ES Swim Club, they will be permitted to register. If you do not register your child, they cannot participate in this activity. Check the newsletter, your classroom teacher or use the link here to schedule an appointment. If a student does not attend the Evaluation, they cannot register for the ES Swim Club!