Mother Language Program
“The research is very clear about the importance of bilingual children’s mother tongue for their overall personal and educational development.... Children’s knowledge and skills transfer across languages from the mother tongue they have learned in the home to the school language.”
- Dr. Jim Cummins, professor at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education
If you are using this new system for the first time start with choosing the “First time user” link below the Login bar to create your password.
Use email already registered with AAS (tip: use the email address that the newsletter is sent to)
- Username: your email registered with AAS
- Password: one that you create for this system
Once you are in select Mother Language Program – Pre-Assessment
Online pre-assessment dates (registration required)
- March 1 – ES returning Russian MLP students
- March 2 – ES/MS/HS returning Russian MLP students
- March 3 – ES/MS/HS returning Russian MLP students
- March 4 – ES/MS/HS new students
- March 5 – ES/MS/HS new students
Register for pre-assessment and choose convenient time slot
Russian MLP classes
The goal of the Mother Language program is for the student to become communicatively competent in the four skill areas of listening, speaking, reading, and writing in their mother tongue. This program encourages parents to participate in their children's academic program through home activities and classroom involvement.
Registration is open for this year's Russian MLP classes at AAS. Students that would like to continue their Russian mother language, or new students interested in joining the program, should register online for pre-assessment.
There is an additional fee for participation.
Elementary School MLP classes online:
- Monday - Wednesday 17:00 - 18:00
- Tuesday - Thursday 17:00 - 18:00
Middle/High School MLP classes on campus:
- Monday - Thursday 15:45 - 16:45 (on the days when their Huddle is on campus)
For additional information, please contact Russian MLP group coordinator:
|Russian||Nina Mamina | email@example.com|