As a Health Promoting School, the Anglo American School of Moscow (AAS) welcomes the opportunity to provide the AAS Community with a variety of recreational facilities. Our goal is to provide recreational facilities where the atmosphere is warm and inviting and where all users are safe
Our first-class facilities are available to the entire AAS community and Pokrovsky Hills residents after school hours. We invite you to take this opportunity to expand both your family’s and your own healthy lifestyle practices. Please support us by ensuring that you read and follow our agreed rules and procedures as we strive to meet our goal. Have FUN in the SportZone!
With a SportZone membership, families gain access to the following facilities:
- North Gymnasium
- Fitness Center
- Tennis Courts / Skating Rink
- North Field
- Swimming Pool (on select days)
SportZone Hours During the School Year
- School days: 19:00 to 22:00
- Non-school days: 09:00 to 22:00
- *Non-school days include holidays, weekends, and summer break, but do not include faculty and staff in-service days.
- Swimming pool is open Tuesdays and Thursdays, 19:00 to 21:00
- Family Splash is on selected Saturdays from 13:00 to 15:00. Please check the weekly newsletter for the dates.
SportZone Membership badges are processed at the Penguin Life office. Members are required to fill in an online registration form.
The fees for family membership are:
- $600 US from August 15, 2019 – July 31, 2020
- $450 US from December 1, 2019 – July 31, 2020
- $300 US from April 1, 2020 – July 31, 2020
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a Parent at all times.
- Helpers, Drivers, Nannies, and Trainers are not permitted in the SportZone.
- Guests are not permitted at any time during SportZone or Facilities Use by Outside Groups hours.
- Access to the facilities is only permitted with an AAS SZ badge. The badge should be with person at all times.
- Only personal sports equipment may be used. The use of school and PE equipment is not permitted.
- Group bookings and reservations are only permitted with an approved Facilities Use by Outside Groups agreement.
- Use of all facilities is on first-come-first-served and sharing bases. Self-imposed group bookings and reservations are not permitted.
- All facilities are used at your own risk.
- Play safe & be safe.
- Children & adults are prohibited from climbing on equipment.
- Use of the facilities while under the influence of alcohol/drugs is prohibited.
- We are proud to say that AAS is a SMOKE FREE environment.
- Please note that there is NO facility to loan out equipment to SportZone users.
- Security has the right to remove any individual who fails to comply with SportZone policies.
- All members should bring their own equipment
- Equipment is not to be moved from any facility
- Equipment that is left set up by PE Classes is NOT TO BE REMOVED
- All wet, dirty or snow-covered footwear must be removed within the area of the entrance porch. Please brush off snow and dirt BEFORE entering the porch.
- All Members are required to use the locker room facilities for changing and / or storing items of clothing and footwear. It is highly recommended to bring a lock to secure personal belongings during the time of each visit.
- Food may only be consumed within the area of the food counter.
- Sports drinks and water may only be consumed if they are in squeeze bottles or in similar container that close securely.
Please remember that pool use is a privilege and continual breaking of rules or causing danger to other swimmers may result in the loss of the privilege.
- All swimmers must shower before entering the pool.
- MS and ES Swimmers must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. No exceptions!
- Infants and toddlers should wear swim diapers in the pool (there is a limited supply in the Aquatics department).
- No outdoor footwear is allowed on the pool deck. Please wear sandals or flip flops.
- One piece bathing suits are suggested for women.
- All swimmers are to bring their own swimming gear e.g. goggles, swim caps and towels.
- Lanes 1, 2, & 3 are reserved for lap swimmers only.